Pizza is pretty much its own food group at this point and there is never a bad time for pizza. The possibilities are literally endless. Breakfast pizza, taco pizza, bbq pork pizza, they even put pizza on mini bagels for fucks sake.
So if you’ve got the grumbles for a pizza but don’t have a Tostino’s hangin out in the freezer I’ve got you covered. You’re never more than a few ingredients away from a fresh homemade pizza that you can whip up in about 15 minutes with some stuff that you can find in just about any kitchen. No lie, I was able to whip one up in Schwabs kitchen which has literally nothing but beer, frozen nuggets, and a few random slices of Kraft Singles. But even he had this stuff hangin out in the cupboard.
All You Need:
-3 cups white flour
-1Tbs baking powder
-3-4 cans of beer (1 for the recipe, the rest for inspiration)
-some meat, literally any will do
1 large mixing bowl
either an oven-safe pan (cast iron is awesome), pizza stone or cookie sheet.
1. Crack your first beer…this ones for you…take a sip or two and get ready to go.
2. Pour in flour and baking powder, mix together ( if you want to up your crust game throw in some oregano or Italian seasoning and stir that up too).
3. By now you probably should have that first beer done….crack 2 more.
4. Take one of the beers and start pouring it in. only do about half and keep stirring gradually add the rest until the dough forms one big ball.
5. Dump out dough onto a floured surface and start kneading (that means smash it down and flip it over about 20 times).
6. Divide dough into how many pizzas you want. this recipe will make 3-4 10-inch crusts depending on how thick you make them.
7. Preheat oven to 425.
8. Grab another beer, you know what to do.
9. Roll out dough in a circle, use a rolling pin if you don’t have one flour up a drinking glass and use the side of it.
10. Once you have your dough rolled out into a circle lay it on your pan and get your toppings on. no wrong way to do this just make sure you use a lot of sound effects and holler things as you do this so people know you’re killing it in the kitchen.
11. Pop that shit in the oven til the toppings look done (about 15 minutes) and your golden pony boy.
The dough will keep for a day or so in the fridge. or you can pre-bake the crust for a few minutes and let it cool. then throw the bare crust in a freezer bag and have one on hand whenever you’re hungry.
And just like that homemade pizza from scratch so easy, anyone can do it and you probably already have the stuff in your cupboard.
Don’t forget to follow us on twitter @TMessageBoard and be sure to check out some league inspired gear in our League Shop. PS. Throw the ads on our page a few clicks, t-shirt sales and ad revenue help keep the site live and helps us by beer for our fantasy draft. Thanks in advance